Thursday, February 21, 2008

At least this time she did not hit me

Different kind of post. I noticed that all of the big bloggers are name droppers. Here is my most recent brush with greatness.

I ran into Barabra Minto a couple of weeks ago. She wrote the Pyramid Principle that I recommend on the right side of the page. I met her once before, at a McKinsey Alumni event. She introduced herself by hitting me fairly hard in the arm and calling me a jerk. She thought I looked like Ricky Gervaise from the British version of The Office; Since he plays the role of a jerk, she thought it would be funny to inflict some pain on him/me. As I said to her, before you hit someone, you might want to make sure they are who you think they are. We got it all straightened out and had a laugh. Fast forward 2 years. I saw her again at a McKinsey event and re-introduced myself, related the story, etc. When I got to the looking like Ricky part of the story she said "You do look like him." At least she is consistent.

No comments: